Dysport® For Moderate To Severe Frown Lines
The prescription Dysport is a purified formulation which is administered by injection. It may be a temporary solution for you if you are between 18 and 65 years of age and have moderate to severe frown lines between your eyebrows.
How Does Dysport Work
Dysport® is injected into muscles between your eyebrows which relaxes your muscles. This Dysport injection blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles which results in reduced muscle activity. This temporarily prevents the contraction of the muscles that cause your frown lines.
However, your untreated facial muscles can still contract normally. This allows you to smile and freely show facial expressions in untreated areas.
The Dysport treatments should not be repeated more frequently than every 90 days. However, the effect of repeat treatments with Dysport may produce similar results to your first use.
A Dysport treatment usually takes only 10-20 minute treats. Side effects can include problems speaking, swallowing, or breathing. Your plastic surgeon will advise you of your risks at your consultation.
It is advisable to avoid Dysport treatments if you:
- Are allergic to Dysport or any of its ingredients.
- Are allergic to cow’s milk protein.
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product, such as myobloc® or botox®
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site.
- Have surgical changes to your face.
- Very weak muscles in the treatment area.
- Have droopy eyelids or sagging eyelid folds.
- Have deep facial scars.
- Have thick oily skin or the injection site is inflamed.
- Your wrinkles can not be smoothed by spreading them apart.
Schedule a Consultation
If you’re ready to revitalize your appearance and get back the inner spark of your youth, we invite you to schedule a consultation at the Clinique of Plastic Surgery & Laser Institute today. During your private meeting with our surgeons, we will carefully evaluate you and understand your expectations and provide you with an exact treatment plan designed especially for your needs and goals.