Microdermabrasion has become a very popular non-invasive treatment in St. Petersburg for certain skin conditions. This gentle yet effective skin exfoliation treatment only removes a very superficial layer of skin, and the procedure requires virtually no recovery time
Microdermabrasion may be right for you in a number of situations:
1) It can be helpful in improving mild acne scars and discoloration.
2) If you have fine lines and damaged skin from sun exposure, microdermabrasion can improve the appearance of the skin and give a noticeably smoother texture.
3) If you have large pores on your face, these can be reduced.
4) It eliminates whiteheads and blackheads and will lighten mild dark spots.
5) It increases the collagen production and elasticity, which helps the skin regenerate, giving a fresh, smooth look to the skin.
People in St. Petersburg often confuse microdermabrasion with dermabrasion. Dermabrasion is done for certain types of deep scars, requiring invasive means. This treatment works by removing the top layers of skin and takes away any skin debris. For continued improvements, the treatments will need to be repeated.
The potential side effects of microdermabrasion are very small because the treatment only affects the outermost layer of skin called the epidermis. Microdermabrasion has fewer risks than many other cosmetic procedures. While it may not be the best treatment for growths, deep wrinkles and dark spots, it will keep your skin looking fresh with a more even skin tone.
When you have a consultation with our specialist at Clinique of Plastic Surgery and Laser Institute in St. Petersburg, your skin issues will be examined to determine if you are a good candidate for microdermabrasion treatments. If you have fine lines, uneven pigmentation or clogged pores, microdermabrasion may be your best option to achieve more youthful-looking skin. However, you won’t know until you schedule a consultation.
Clinique of Plastic Surgery and Laser Institute is conveniently located in St. Petersburg, FL. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment and get started with professional skin rejuvenation treatments!