An abdominoplasty procedure is also called a tummy tuck, and its main purpose is to create a flatter abdominal area after you have tried dieting and exercising. A tummy tuck is suitable for both men and women in St. Petersburg, but it may be more common with women because it is often considered a good idea after pregnancy has stretched out the abdominal muscles.
A tummy tuck may tighten the abdominal muscles that have become loose and spread apart, causing them to sag. This includes abdominal wall hernias. Excess skin will be removed and any stretch marks on the lower abdomen may go with it. If there are any prior scars from hysterectomies or C-sections, these may be removed as well. Liposuction is often used in conjunction with a tummy tuck to remove pockets of fat that do not budge after regular exercise.
Some of the top five reasons to consider a tummy tuck in St. Petersburg, FL are:
1. You have finished bearing children and your abdomen is flabby and sagging over your pelvic area. Along with breast enhancement, abdominoplasty is the most important of part of a mommy makeover. You may have torn or split muscles that will not go back to normal. This is your best option to have a pre-pregnancy figure.
2. Both men and women may develop a protruding abdomen that is disproportionately large for their body. A tummy tuck is not intended as a quick fix for weight loss, but it may be suitable for reducing the size of an overextended abdomen.
3. There are several medical reasons to consider a tummy tuck in St. Petersburg. If your abdominal muscles don’t work properly for whatever reason, having them tightened may help make them perform better. The muscles would become more efficient and easier to tone through exercise. You may even have better posture.
4. If your abdomen is embarrassing when you wear a bathing suit because of loose skin, stretch marks or scars, a tummy tuck may be a good option to improve your self-confidence.
5. A tummy tuck can improve your appearance, which, in turn, may encourage you to take better care of your health. Once you look good in your clothes and swimwear, you may feel more like getting enough exercise and eating a healthy diet. With this one decision, your overall health may improve.
When you consult with our specialist at Clinique of Plastic Surgery and Laser Institute in St. Petersburg, you will learn how a tummy tuck can help you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more!